Timeline of Wells Media Group, Inc.
- 1923 - Insurance Journal begins as a California insurance publication.
- 1936 - Mark A Wells Sr. purchases Insurance Journal.
- 1970 - Mark Wells Jr. takes over publication and expands throughout the West coast.
- 1994 - Texas Insuror is purchased and circulation expands to the South Central region.
- 1996 - The domain name www.InsuranceJrnl.com is registered.
- 1996 - The domain name www.InsuranceJournal.com is registered.
- 1997 - The website www.InsuranceJournal.com goes live with content.
- 2000 - The insurance industry's first daily email newsletter is launched.
- 2001 - InsuranceJournal.com becomes the first website in the insurance industry to offer a forums section.
- 2001 - First audio podcast is available on InsuranceJournal.com (an interview with Kevin Kelly, Microsoft Insurance Industry Manager).
- 2002 - Claims Guides is purchased.
- 2003 - Claims Guides is converted to an online directory.
- 2003 - InsuranceJournal.tv is launched.
- 2004 - First video webcast is recorded live in San Diego and streamed over the internet to an audience of more than 1500 (How to Write EPLI with Markel Corp.).
- 2004 - Claims Guides is renamed ClaimsJournal.com and changes format to a news daily.
- 2004 - Insurance Journal magazine expands to a nation-wide circulation after the acquisition of Insurance Times in the Northeast and the addition of 3 other regional magazines across the country.
- 2004 - InsuranceJournal.com adds the ability for readers to comment on articles online.
- 2007 - MyNewMarkets.com is launched.
- 2008 - InsuranceJournal.tv media is made viewable via iTunes and YouTube channels.
- May 2009 - Insurance Journal's Kindle app is launched.
- November 2009 - Insurance Journal's iPhone app is launched.
- January 2010 - IJAcademy.com holds its first webinar.
- July 2010 - Claims Journal's iPhone app is launched.
- August 2010 - Insurance Journal's iPad magazine is launched (first in the industry with an iPad app on iTunes).
- November 2010 - Insurance Journal's Android app is launched.
- January 2011 - Insurancejournal.com is redesigned with many new features, including a jobs board and an industry Twitter feed.
- February 2011 - Claims Journal's Android app is launched.
- March 2011 - InsuranceJournal.com is the #1 result on Google, Yahoo and Bing for the search term insurance news.
- September 2011 - Claims Journal Magazine launched.
- December 2011 - Claims Journal Magazine is released on the iPad.
- March 2012 - Insurance Journal TV is redesigned, complete with a mobile version, improved social integration and branded channels.
- May 2012 - Wells Publishing, Inc. becomes Wells Media Group, Inc.
- February 2013 - CarrierManagement.com is launched.
- September 2013 - Carrier Management Magazine is launched.
The Wells Media Group Network
The industry's #1 source for property/casualty insurance news.
News, trends, and analysis
for the p/c claims industry.
Need a market? Find it fast with
our searchable directory.
|Academy of Insurance
Learn from the best,
without leaving your desk.
Critical info for p/c insurance company executives and directors.