Web Team Lead
Wells Media Group is a B2B media company specializing in news and business intelligence for the property casualty industry. Our websites are the top trafficked information destinations for the property casualty industry.
We are looking for a leader for our online development team. In this role you will play an important role in the strategy and advancement of our websites, email newsletters, advertising and marketing solutions, paid subscriptions, ecommerce, mobile apps and data initiatives. You will oversee our technology infrastructure. You will get to see your ideas directly result in increased conversions and revenue.
Our office is located in San Diego, CA and we are 70% remote. San Diego or Charlotte areas preferred.
US based only. No agencies.
- You are experienced leading a team of talented people and care about their success.
- You look for the best solution not the first.
- You suggest new ideas when there's a better solution.
- You like to understand the motivation behind the work and how it fits the overall goals.
- You are customer focused and able to view things from the buyer's or customer's perspective.
- You are energized by open dialogue and collaborative brainstorming.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment with a lot of moving parts.
- You are continuously learning new techniques and best practices.
- You have a "let's try it" attitude.
- You have a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
What you'll do:
- Lead web team, communicate clear vision of objectives and motivate the team to achieve them.
- Take new features and products from concept to completion.
- Manage continuous development and regular deployments.
- Develop project plans, estimates for effort, timelines and budget.
- Present recommendations and solutions to grow business and improve competitiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and refine project requirements and specifications.
- Improve efficiency of product development processes.
- Review and optimize existing products.
- Conduct small experiments to prove larger investment.
- Write well-designed, efficient code using software development best practices.
- Integrate and interact with data from various API's and databases.
- Design, create and manage API's for our web applications.
- Design and implement complex backend algorithms.
- Organize work in manageable phases and determine effective approach to completing the work.
- Communicate relevant project information to stakeholders and teams.
- Production troubleshooting.
- Oversee technology infrastructure needs for the company, including web servers, desktops/laptops, phones, business software and security.
- Server administration including performance, backups, monitoring, uptime of web, database and cache servers.
- Evaluate technology needs and requirements and implement the most efficient and cost-effective solution, manage vendor relationships.
- Oversee internal tech support (supporting internal users).
- Office 365 administration (Outlook, Teams and OneDrive).
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices when it comes to user experience, security and performance.
- Extensive experience building data-driven applications with PHP and MySQL.
- Expert understanding of HTML, DOM, CSS, JS and are comfortable troubleshooting backend and frontend issues.
- Familiar with MVC frameworks and content management systems (especially Laravel and WordPress).
- Can integrate data from various backend services (APIs) and databases.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and relational databases, can write complex queries and build effective reports and dashboards.
- Know how to present information effectively and prioritize a strong UX/UI experience.
- Strong understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and development best practices.
- Familiar with digital marketing concepts and goals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable with LAMP server administration and configuration. (Installing and configuring, managing users and permissions, troubleshooting).
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and can prioritize among many competing needs.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with online advertising, news/magazine media.
- Experience working remote.
- Expertise with Laravel and/or WordPress.
- Strong understanding of web analytics, you know your way around Google Analytics and can explain variance between other analytics.
- Familiar with SEO fundamentals, frontend and backend.
- Familiar with online advertising and digital marketing concepts and goals.
- Mobile platforms and framework experience.
- Experience with HTML email creation, client quirks and best practices.
- Linux server administration, experience with AWS.
- Understanding of CRM systems.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Web Team Lead" in the subject line. You can use the body of email as your cover letter or attach it separately.
- Work with great people who like to get things done
- 401k and profit-sharing program
- Great team culture
- Generous time-off and holidays
The Wells Media Group Network
The industry's #1 source for property/casualty insurance news.
News, trends, and analysis
for the p/c claims industry.
Need a market? Find it fast with
our searchable directory.
|Academy of Insurance
Learn from the best,
without leaving your desk.
Critical info for p/c insurance company executives and directors.